MONDAY MIDNITE-1897

MONDAY MIDNITE-1897
From the campaign for the return of Benin's looted artifacts by British invaders in 1897 to the no-holds-barred condemnation of Nigeria's corrupt past and present leaders in tracks like PISSY PISSY, AZZHOLEZ ROCK and BRING BACK THE MONEY, this 1897 album is loaded with thought-provoking and inspiration songs. A click on the image will direct you to an online store where you can purchase the album or songs from the album.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"Shoeless & Schoolless"-The Dismal State of Nigerian Children In 2011

 At a campaign rally earlier this year, President Goodluck Jonathan offered a detailed depiction of the deprivations he suffered in Otuoke, now in Bayelsa State, as a schoolboy whose parents were impoverished. Said Mr. Jonathan: “In my early days in school, I had no shoes, no school bag. I carried my books in my hands, but never despaired. There were days I had only one meal, but I never despaired. My story is the story of a young Nigerian whose access to education opened up vast opportunities that enabled me to attain my present position.”
But, as the following heartbreak pictures reveal, most Nigerian children born in the decades since Jonathan was in school live under worse circumstances. Indeed, the situation is grimmer as many present-day Nigerian children not only fend for themselves but often also contribute to the income of the family by engaging in different odd or menial jobs. The question is: Without a sound education, what does the future hold for these children, especially in the contemporary, technology-driven world?























Home


No comments:

Post a Comment